Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
My MBA connects to the internet, I type in a website, it gets kicked off. A pop up window says "The connection has changed" or something like that.

I have tried with no results:
-Disconnect from network, then reconnect
-Restart the laptop

With result:
restart the router, but only works for a few days

I have connected to the internet for the whole past month, no problem at all.
What is going on?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Do you have any other devices that are connecting to the router? This will help establish if it's the MBA or the router.

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
yes, there are 2 other laptop and 1 iMac connecting to the router. All no problem.

I actually have been connecting to this router. I was suspecting it's the software update.

This is a 2011 MBA with Lion.

spob15

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
same problem...

Hi -

I have been having the same problem for well over 18 months. I took it to the apple store, they replaced the wi-fi card and ran full diagnostics. Still does it...I think my next hope is to push for getting a refurb replacement. It happens every time the computer sleeps and intermittanly all other times.

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
18 months? wow, you have good patience. How's the situation with your router? I am on my Air now, it's been good this week. What is the situation like for your laptop? Happening once a week?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.