Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
That site is nothing more then another eBay clone, would you buy something from somebody with no feedback? It's a scam.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
Look at this. Does that look like a good seller?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,531

akbc

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
If they let you checkout with a credit card, that's a pretty interesting thing to do. Maybe I'll give it a try haha, if I get a $550 MBA, GREAT! If I don't, I just call my CC company and complain. Just lose some time and some of my voice. This may be worth it :)

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
That has to be a scam, don't make the mistake that I did when purchasing an iTouch and Mac Air from a dude selling it out the back of his car lol. Check out the reinactment my friend and I did after this guy tried to rip me off, its funny as hell and about 90% true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeV6Lzrv5c

That's a very common and scary scam. I've been aproached buy men (and women) in vans selling 'home entertainments systems' several times.

I imagine it's bait and switch that works on peoples greed. They act like the stuff is hot and they are trying to get rid of it for almost nothing.

They show you the Flat screen TV, or whatever, and then while you're settling the money they switch boxes (I think this is probably how they do it).

In Duluth Georgia I've been approached about five times on Pleasant hill rd (don't ask me why)

imagineer2000

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2005
Santa Rosa
it's an old one too...

From the product description:

Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, which provides 144 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory.

They have been dumping these old units at fire-sale prices.

Still very cheap, but if it is a refurb of an out of date model, with a grey history, who knows? :confused::confused::confused:

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
Dear Lord, OF COURSE IT'S A SCAM. Now the thread posts alternate between people saying "if it's too good to be true" for the 10th time and "maybe...". Let's just close the thread and be done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.