MBA kinda just crashed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mike84, Feb 11, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok so I have some concern in regard to my 13 MBA 4th 128gb ssd.

I just closed the lid like I typically do and when I went to open it a few minutes later the MBA would not wake up at all. I closed it again and opened it and nothing. Battery was 100% before it did this. So I had to hold the power button down and wait until it finally turned on.

The MBA has the most
    Up to date software and updates. So I am kinda worried/confused.

I just ran the diagnostic (short one) and found no errors.

Anyone experience this or have any comments? Thanks

2. macrumors regular

I’ve had the same thing happen at least two times with my 11” Air. Each time I had to connect it to electrical cord, wait several seconds, and then push the power button. It might be a good idea for us to take the Air into an Apple Store and get a diagnostic check?

3. macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I can understand your confusion.

4. macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

Happens with my late 2010 MBA 13-inch also. I'll put it to sleep for a bit, come back, lift the lid, and nothing. A couple of times it comes on after a delay but often it just doesn't come on at all. I have to restart it the hard way.

I think there was a software update not too long ago that addressed something like this (?), but it obviously didn't fix much.

5. macrumors 68020

Ronnoco

Oddly, I had this happen this morning to my 15" i5 MBP connected to my 27" ACD...tried t wake from sleep and nothing but black screen...had to hard power-off restart...:confused:

6. macrumors 65816

NZed

are all of you guys on 10.6.6? 10.6.6 has sleep/wake problems and if you search the forum thoroughly, you'll find many post regarding this issue

7. macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Mac's don't crash or have problems.

8. macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

yea prob is that's the latest version

9. macrumors regular

Similar problem, just opened mine, screen as normal but no cursor and no action from the keyboard.

Had to power off and on to recover.

tut