Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
If I buy a refurbished MBA, do they come in the original packaging with all of the normal stuff that would come in the box if I bought it new (i.e. USB re-install drive, manuals, etc.)?

Also, if I order from MacMall, do they require a signature for delivery?

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Refurb comes with everything that a brand new unit comes with except the fancy box. Refurb comes in a standard white box.

Macmall requires a signature on orders over a certain value which I believe is 300 but you may want to call and ask

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Keep in mind, Macmall is very difficult company to deal with about returning apple products including MBA.

Make sure you are buying what you want. No test or trial. Do that with apple or best buy.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I just bought from Macmall this morning, overnight shipping, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow before 3. I'll post here when I do and let you know about my Macmall experience.

The MacMall ultimate 13 is only 75 dollars more than the Refurb ultimate 13, both with overnight shipping, and MacMall is ready to ship instantly, while Apple is in 3-4 days. I think when you're spending 1600-1700 dollars on a computer, spending 75 more to get it new instead of refurbished is nice.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
That is true. I've bought quite a few Macs with them because their prices are usually the lowest. My 1st 27-inch iMac had the screen issues so many others had including flickering and losing half the screen. I finally got them to take it back. They supposedly tested it and found no issues so wanted to charge me a restocking fee. i had to raise holy hell with them before they finally relented.

Keep in mind, Macmall is very difficult company to deal with about returning apple products including MBA.

Make sure you are buying what you want. No test or trial. Do that with apple or best buy.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
I just bought from Macmall this morning, overnight shipping, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow before 3. I'll post here when I do and let you know about my Macmall experience.

The MacMall ultimate 13 is only 75 dollars more than the Refurb ultimate 13, both with overnight shipping, and MacMall is ready to ship instantly, while Apple is in 3-4 days. I think when you're spending 1600-1700 dollars on a computer, spending 75 more to get it new instead of refurbished is nice.

That would be great!

That is true. I've bought quite a few Macs with them because their prices are usually the lowest. My 1st 27-inch iMac had the screen issues so many others had including flickering and losing half the screen. I finally got them to take it back. They supposedly tested it and found no issues so wanted to charge me a restocking fee. i had to raise holy hell with them before they finally relented.

Hopefully my experience with them goes through without any problems. I plan on ordering a 13.3" 4GB RAM 128GB SSD in the coming weeks, but I need to save up a bit more money. Plan on getting the overnight shipping so that it gets here before I go on my ski trip at the end of this month.

Everyone else, thanks for all of the replies. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.