MBA Storage

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Blackspeare, Apr 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2011
    I need help! My MBA (64 GB) is filling up storage too quickly. When I use Onyx or CC to clean all I get is 2-3 GBs of free space and then two days later I have to clean again.

When I check the storage info, there is almost 50 GBs of storage being used for "Other". My own folders and file, under Finder, only amount to a few hundred MBs of storage and the Apps are 4 GBs so I don't know what all the "Other" is?!

Could anyone recommend a cleaner, free or pay I don't care, that can find these "Other" folders and files that are not needed so I can delete them.

2. macrumors 68030

Sep 22, 2012
    Andover, UK
    Grab DaisyDisk from the Mac App Store ... it will help you find out where your space is being used up.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2012
    Virginia, USA
    Give very strong consideration to replacing that teeny SSD with one of a more practical size.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

Oct 22, 2009
  5. macrumors Core

Jan 23, 2005
    That is completely unnecessary. A default OS X install with iLife and iWork takes about 20GB. OP says he has less than 1GB of data, so he should have well over 30GB of space left.

OP>> I think Mike is on target. If you have Time Machine on it temporarily stores some files locally that take up space.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    Could not agree more, OWC sells the 120GB SSD for the MBA for < $200.