Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archie7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Poland
Hi guys!
I'm a musician. I had a MBP 15" mid 2010. Had a big problems with it (actually MBP is in apple service) But after they will repair I want to sell it and buy 13".

I'm using Logic Pro to record rehearsals and also arrange music. Also I will play Simcity 5 sometimes after they will release for Mac ;) and it's my main computer so music and net browsing I will do too.

I will want to use other display to get logic pro at home on a bigger screen. Because I travel a lot so 15" is too much to have if only at home I need a big screen. I think to buy MBA, MBP or rMBP 13" 2013, with 8GB and not more then 256 SSD. I think for now Air have the best PCU 4th and intel hd 5000. Also I can't wait more then 2weeks so I will not be able to buy new release of rMBP and MBP.

What do you think is the best choice for me? Can i get some tips to decide better? :)

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Yeah I agree, the air. Since you dont need the extra kick for what you do, nor the desire for retina screen, and the fact that you travel a lot, the air seems to best fit

Archie7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Poland
Thanks! I think the same but.
1. MBA 1.7GHz Intel Core i7 4th haswell dual-core and Intel hd graphics 5000
2. rMBP Intel i5 2.5 GHz 3th dual-core and intel hd graphics 4000
Price is similar. Is that a big difference with graphics and intel? I'm wondering.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
The retina screen is very nice. If you can wait, then you will have more choices. Even if there were Haswell MBPros I would still buy the MBA because size and portability are more important to me. I can work for hours on the MBA screen with no issues. So for me, it was an easy decision. A retina MBA would be perfection....

Archie7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Poland
"A retina MBA would be perfection.... " I totally agree!! :apple:

You wrote "work on MBA screen with no issues" That means, retina displays have some issues with working longer?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
"A retina MBA would be perfection.... " I totally agree!! :apple:

You wrote "work on MBA screen with no issues" That means, retina displays have some issues with working longer?

No no, not at all. Some people say MBA's screen has issues working on them long hours, and that you "need" a retina screen to solve that problem. There is no question the retina screen is nicer. But the MBA screen is nice. But some people complain about eye fatigue. Not sure what that is about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.