MBox Factory Bundle... Help

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Smyles, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Smyles macrumors newbie

Can anyone help??

Having trouble installing Reason Adapted on my new iMac Intel Duo Core. I've downloaded the updates for the software, but it says "Failed to locate and install reason engine, exiting". Argg... What does this mean, and how do i fix it?

Also, it seems the updated Factory plug-ins for Pro-Tools aren't registered on my iLok. Thus, i can't use them. Anyone know what i am to do???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

Please help!!

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

is the copy of reason adapted UB? for the ilok problem, contact digi tech support.

4. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply...

I'm not sure, how do you find out if its UB??

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

6. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for my ignorance but what is UB??!!

The update i have is 3.0.5.

Thanks for the link, i tried using that update too but it still comes up with the same error message...

Has this happened to anyone else??

7. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

A Universal binary is — in Apple Computer's parlance — an application file that runs natively on both PowerPC- and x86 (Intel)-based Macintosh computers. It was introduced at the 2005 WWDC as a means to ease the transition from the existing PowerPC architecture to systems based on Intel processors, which began shipping in 2006.:) :)

8. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

What would it mean if a program can't locate or install its "engine"??

This is what happens when i try to instal the new UB version of Reason Adapted?? I think I'm missing something...:confused: :(

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

have you read through the reason FAQs? have you contacted their support staff?

10. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Reason will install an "engine" in your HD>library>application support>Reason folder.

UB applies to people with the new Intel Macs.

No clue on the iLok thing, Digi design is really tough to get answers from.

I would recommend going to the digidesign forums, and asking your question about iLok there.

And going to the Propellerhead forums and asking your Reason question there.

**I just checked the Digidesign site, and they've changed the user forums...I can't find where the forums are now....? used to be easy to locate, seems Digidesign is intent on making support as difficult as possible.**

Good luck.

:)

11. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks quigleybc,

the forum adress is http://duc.digidesign.com/ if you ever need it.

Although the new imac is a sweet machine, and protools is a sweet program, i have had a few headaches (with plug-ins through the iLok key, reason adapted). Oh well, I guess i should of known when choosing new technology.

:)

12. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

I bought my Mac originally to record and make music with, and with the G5 I got the first generation Mbox, also with reason adapted, and Live light....

My experience was awful....so bad in fact that I quit making music on my Mac for months....it was two problems, 1-I had bad RAM which was causing kernal panics whenever I would start up my USB MIDI keyboard, took me forever to diagnose and fix that...2-My Mbox was just F'd up....when I would click "record enable" I would get this horrible static/feeback popping noise, I contacted Digi D, posted on multiple boards, and never got it figured out....

I eventually just sold the Mbox, for a big loss, and used the money to get Ableton Live, and eventually Logic express...I lost the ability to record in via 1/4 inch and XLR inputs by losing the Mbox I/O, But at least I could make music again, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. :)

Now I'm addicted to Ableton Live...can't even put into words how much I love that program....

13. Smyles thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear your back on track!

Have you got any stuff on the net that i could hear? I'm really interested in what other stuff is going on outside my own head space...

I havn't got my head around Ableton Live Lite (for digidesign) yet but i'll get around to it.

And i fixed the Reason Update problem... Silly me... I didn't install the original program before the updates, oh well... It starts with being too impatient: then i jump to conclusions.

Have fun recording man...:cool:

14. airkarol macrumors 6502

About the iLok, check if there is a an iLok Authorizer, or a small chip in the package, the chip goes into the iLok to Authorize it.

15. unclebergie macrumors newbie

I figured it out.

So, after looking around on the digidesign site and trying to make changes to my Application Support folders, et. al., I got on the Terminal and did the following.. You will need to be an Administrator on the machine.

1. Open Utilities/Terminal
    SHORT VERSION:
    2. Type this: sudo chmod go+w /Library/Application\ Support/Propellerhead\ Software/ReWire
    CAREFUL, INFORMATIVE VERSION:
    2. Type this: cd /Library/Application\ Support/Propellerhead\ Software/
    3. Type this: ls -l

You will now see a line something like this:
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 238 Aug 7 22:17 ReWire

4. Type this: sudo chmod go+w ReWire

"chmod go+w" will give the Group and Others the necessary Write access. It will ask for your password, and may give you a warning about using your 'sudo' (Super User) power responsibly. Linux developers are funny guys. Continue...

5. Type this: ls -l

You will now see the line looking more like this:
    drwxrwxrwx 7 root wheel 238 Aug 7 22:17 ReWire

I restarted it at this point and it worked for me. G'Luck -- Bergie
    -----------------
    For the record, I also changed the '/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software' folder to be owned by me... but it made no apparent difference.

For another record. I believe we could just have changed the owner of the ReWire folder to be me (you).
    1. sudo chown <yourUserNameHere> /Library/Application\ Support/Propellerhead\ Software/ReWire

More tips at http://www.zonkaholics.com/solutions

16. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Yikes....just that easy eh....:rolleyes: :eek:

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it is, actually. it's just unix shell :)

all it's doing is giving world write permissions to a folder.

18. amsb macrumors newbie

I have the same problem as the poster of this topic

BUT!

...the thing is, I don't even have a Propellerheads -> ReWire folder
    in my Application Support folder to change properties for.
    I tried just creating them (cause sometimes that helps) but still
    I get the same old "Failed to locate and install Reason Engine, Exiting"
    when trying to launch Reason Adapted 3.0.5

Any suggestions..?

19. amsb macrumors newbie

20. ssjazz macrumors newbie

What do you have to do?

I've tried the links and nothing works also there is no support emails on their web