MBP 15" owners! I need your help comparing speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Temujin, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

A couple of weeks ago I send my MBP in for repair because my speakers distorts when playing music. Especially audible when playing music with plenty of bass and when turning up the volume.
    When I got it back from the shop I was surprised to hear that nothing was touched. The repair guy couldn't hear the problem.

Then yesterday I was fiddling around with Speach and listened to Vicky, which turns out to be a perfect way of making the distortion very audible.
    Check out the sound http://www.temujin.dk/speakers.mov
    If the repair guy misses that sound he has to be deaf.

On to my question. Do you guys have similar distortion problems as I do? (try Vicky)

Thanks

2. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

That's pretty much what mine sounds like. The speakers in there are really poor, so I just plug my headphones in and forget about it.

3. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

If all 15" MBP's have such crappy speakers then I've really lost my confidence in Apple and their products. You just can't call a notebook Pro with such crappy speakers. My Powerbook had great speakers.

Same quality speakers with the rest of you guys?

4. iKat macrumors newbie

iKat

The speakers in my MBP are pretty much fine... I mean, they are laptop speakers, so they'll never be great, but the quality is much better than that.

5. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

So much better than in the video clip?