Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarinehart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Okay folks,

I'm about to become the proud new owner of a 17" MBP and I was curious on what accessories you all couldn't live without. I've been up and down the forums and mac accessories web sites and I'm down to these few things, but what cool things could i be missing? feel free to make recommendations.

logitech v270 mouse
griffin elevator
either a mac-case or marware sleeve/bag

By the way, I am an a/v tech who does a little bit of everything from office documentation, to touchpanel graphic design, to audio/video recording and editing. Thanks.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
bluetooth apple keyboard, logitech vx revolution. ratpadz mouse pad + separate wrist rest. microfiber cloth in bag to dust off the monitor (dust really shows when you're outside, as opposed to being at home).

additional battery + battery charger would be nice, but i haven't gotten around to those yet.

phantasmagoria

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2006
UK
My absolute favourite accessory is my iLap... simple design but very, very practical and I use it every time I use my MBP.

I also love my Raidius keyboard protector and my STM Cargo bag.

Highly recommended, all of them!

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
My absolute favourite accessory is my iLap... simple design but very, very practical and I use it every time I use my MBP.

QFT...Got my first Mac (a 15" MBP) last week, & yesterday I bought an iLap. Works great on my desktop..... Would a 23" ACD be considered an "accessory"?:D I stopped at my local CompUSA (which is being shut down), & came SO close to buying one for $100 off the regular price of $999...

flalaw

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
United States
i really like my BT mighty mouse. i thought it was a bit overpriced at first, but the tiny scroll ball and the ability to control expose with it make the price worth it.

S2NINJA

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Here's my list:

Logitech VX revolution (for home)
Logitech V400 (for travel)
Tucano MBP sleeve
Shaggymac microfibre cloth
Victorinox laptop messenger bag.
Sony MDR-EX90SL Earphones

I also use the vantec lapcool 3 cooling pad....but i wouldn't say i love it, i just don't want my laptop...sorry, "notebook" to melt when playing supreme commander... :p (recommended though)

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
I luff my iLap. My husband bought it for me and I was so excited. I couldn't justify spending $55-60 on a lapdesk. Since CompUSA is going out of business we got it there for $49. Not a big deal, but still better than full price + shipping.

He liked it so much that the next day I bought him one for his G4 and he later hinted that it was PERFECT for his future MBP. Doh! His turn to upgrade. :D

iBorg20181

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
i really like my BT mighty mouse. i thought it was a bit overpriced at first, but the tiny scroll ball and the ability to control expose with it make the price worth it.

I agree! I bought a refurb'd BT MM, which still seemed expensive at $55, and initially felt big/bulky compared to the competition, but after a day or two, it seemed perfect, and I wouldn't use anything else now!

I'd also recommend the RadTech microfiber ScreenSavrz and their microfiber Sleevz, for protection of the screen and finish.

For a laptop bag, I really like Brenthaven's Metro Deluxe, which is sturdy, carries enough accessories, yet is relatively small and lightweight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.