MBP and Civ 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mob, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Mob
    macrumors newbie

I am just wondering
    I am getting the base model MBP.
    I am wondering if i will have a smooth experince when i play CIV 4 when it comes out this july for mac?

Thanks

- Mob

2. macrumors 603

Yes, you'll have no problem at all. Brad Oliver has written some enlightening points over at CivFanatics concerning performance and the (high) system requirements. Looks like people w/ a high end G4 and a good graphics card with lots of RAM and VRAM (my PowerBook) should be able to handle it, albeit with a lot of effects turned off, and at the end of the game things might be a tad slow.

3. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You wont have any issues, you have a real GPU not some integrated crap graphics.:cool:

4. macrumors member

Ehm, that is not totally true...
    I was able the play Civ 4 on bootcamp on my macbook 2Ghz and 512MB of Ram. It did run at native resolution at a respectable speed!

So you better reconsider your holy war against integrated graphics :p

And to the OP: obviously, if Civ 4 runs well on my stock macbook, you should not have problems with the Pro version.

5. macrumors 6502

yeah you'll be fine with a MBP-it's apple's fastest laptop so it should be able to run a game like civ4 with no problems

6. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I know you're making a joke but that holy war might be a reality soon, if it isn't already.