MBP and mis-behaving Wacom driver (6.00-3)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YS2003, Dec 10, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

For some reasons, C2D MBP (running 10.4.8) does not work well with Wacom's Intuos tablet (9X12). I did some re-install of the current driver from Wacom web site a few times already but the results are the same.

When I move the tip near the bottom part of the screen (where Dock is located), Wacom's pen tip shows contextual menu even though I am not pressing any key nor button. I just hover the tip near Dock area and that happens. Also, as I move the tip over Dock, apps are automatically launched simply by going over that app's icon (again, I am not pressing any key nor clicking on anything).

Are you having the same issue with your MBP?

My PBs and Intuos are working flawlessly. So, I am trying to figure out if this is the driver problem or something with MBP.

2. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

By lack of reponse, I assume no one is having this type of issues with his/her MBP. Can someone who is using Wacom tablet with a MBP post your comment?

3. MannyK macrumors newbie

Possible Solution

I'm having problems as well although quite different from yours. In trying to find a solution I found this posting on another forum that I think will work for yours, it has to do with running the calibration utility. http://maggiewang.com/2007/08/21/how-to-fix-an-unresponsive-wacom-intuos-2-tablet.

I'm in a pickle on my Macbook Pro where I can't get the driver to stick and have to reload it everytime I restart. Not a great solution! I thought it might be a prefernces thing (found that in another forum too) but no go there. I'm running an old blueberry graphire 4x6 with the latest 610-7 driver from Wacom on a Macbook Pro running system 10.5.6. Anyone have a clue?

I tried Wacom's tedious suggestion of running a permissions fix which took forever and didn't solve the problem either.

Any help appreciated! :)