MBP backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jaxstate, Jun 18, 2006.

1. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    My keyboard finally lit up. This is one nifty feature. My Dell using friend was like "DAAAAAYYYYMNNNNN THAT'S SWEET." I'm really happy I went for the MBP over the MB.
  2. lamina macrumors 68000

Mar 9, 2006
    From Canada, living in Seoul
    When I first got my 17" PowerBook in February, it was actually during school that I picked it up. So, I bought the computer from work (I worked at a campus computer store) and brought it to the library for its birth.

The sweet smell of my first Apple was the first thing I noticed, then, the sleekness and slimness of this beautiful machine. I was in utter ecstasy at 9:30am in the Dalhousie University library. People around me must have thought I was really weird.

Anyway, I had to go to class, so I packed the computer back up in its original box and headed to a criminology lecture. I unpacked my new treasure and sat down for a lecture. As I was typing notes, the teacher announced a presentation, and when the lights went out, the keyboard lit itself up and the screen dimmed slightly. 6 people on either side of me all looked on in wonder.

When I took it to my then-girlfriend's apartment to show her my new machine, her eyes lit up when she saw the keyboard light up; her iBook didn't do that.

I know your feeling. What a beautiful and perfect piece of hardware. I thought I'd never need a backlit keyboard since I can type about 70wpm in the dark, but it does come in handy now and then.
  3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2004
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    probably one of my favorite features is the back-lit keyboard. I spend a lot of my time in the bedroom with my 17" MBP watching TV or doing other things, so when I was using the keyboard and it lit up for the first time i was like "waaaah?" Then i remembered the back-lit feature and have loved ever sense.
  4. Doctorsti macrumors regular

May 30, 2006
    That is the one feature that still has me balking at my MB purchase. Reality is preventing me from spending over 600 dollars to get that though. I am very jealous and I don't even have my MB yet. Graphics cards be damned, I want the ambient light sensor features.
  5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2006
    Under the sun
    I love this feature. I knew about it before I got my mbp of course, but I had forgotten about it until about 3 days after I brought it home and it lit up. It's so awesome. Not because of a cool factor, but it's so practical.
  6. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

May 20, 2006
    I wouldn't be able to justify that for the $$, as cool as it is, i don't look at my keyboard anyway, so it'd be nothing more than a gimmick to me.
  7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    They keys...they glow!

One of my favorite features on my MBP! 2ghz dual core processor in a laptop? PSH! Backlit keyboard is where its at!