MBP Battery Buldging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hidea, Dec 24, 2006.

1. hidea macrumors regular

May 10, 2006

I'm gonna call AppleCare tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Attached Files:

2. ghanakidd macrumors member

Nov 7, 2006
    Wow. Never seen that before! Obvious question -- did you drop it? Either way, as long as it's under warranty (I assume it is since you're calling AppleCare), seems like a replacement is in order.
  3. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

May 10, 2006
    Nope, and if I did drop it, it would've been a dent. and why would I be dropping a battery? lol.

I left it running when I went to bed, and when I got up, I was like.. why is my notebook can't sit properly? I flipped it and was greeted by a buldging battery.
  4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    well duhh, it was happy to see you :p
  5. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

May 10, 2006
    Exactly what I said in my mind.
    HELLO HELLO.... A NEW BATTERY FOR ME! Santa swapped my battery! :p

I don't know it's kind of weird.... I had battery problems a few days ago, it would shut my laptop down without warning even with a few percentages left on the meter bar. i reset the PMU and everything.

I'm just a bit excited on getting a new battery! because.. to be honest, I don't discharge my battery often enough.
  6. NJuul macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2006
    This happened to me as well, it is (of course) a bad battery. They'll replace it without any trouble very quickly. When I called them, they told me that I could keep the battery in, and use the mbp plugged in. I specifically asked if it was dangerous, ie, could it explode or catch on fire, but they said no.
  7. pmackin macrumors member

Oct 25, 2004
    Chennai , India
    This is a documented apple issue (Apple Internal Documents).. so you'll have absolutely no problem getting a replacement !
  8. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2006
  9. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2006
    there are more...

I saw another battery like this first hand in the Apple store.

A guy was trying to get a replacement and the store told him to make a genius appointment and they would help him. He had to come back the next day as the store was so busy (he told me this was his second visit). I left before they called his name but I saw the battery and it looked just like this (albeit a bit worse). I would guess they handed him a replacement.

I thought he had a 17", although I could be wrong.