MBP Battery life?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BiikeMike, May 21, 2006.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I have one of the newer 2.16 MBP's, and I have charged the battery twice. The first full charge said I had about 2:00 of battery, and now its saying 3:10 on the second full charge. Is it going to keep going up? my roommates older MBP keeps a charge around 3:30-4:00.

Anyone have any insight? could it be the 7200rpm hard drive?

2. Temptation macrumors newbie

3. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

The 2.16 with a 7200 rpm drive?

:confused:

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Give it time...more full charge/discharge cycles will likely max your battery life....that said, unless you have wireless turned off, I doubt you'll see 4 hours.

5. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

All I can say is I am very dissapointed in the battery. I just took it from a full charge again, and when I first turned it on, it said 2:41. Its been about 5 minutes, i've opened up 2 or 3 webpages, and its down to 2:28.

Maybe I just got a bad battery? Maybe its time to go talk to the genius bar.

And on a semi-related note, I am about 5 feet from my wireless access point, and I only have 3 of the 4 bars lit up...... whats with that?! My Powerbook got full coverage through my whole apartment and more!

6. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Sounds similar to mine. I tend to get around 3 hours with the screen turned down to about 1/2 to 3/4 brightness.

It amazes me how the MacBook still gets far longer battery time than the MBP since there's hardly anything separating these two now.

7. dblissmn macrumors regular

The Radeon chip in the Pro is kind of a power hog. I'm not sure about the northbridge chip but I think that operates on a differenc scheme from the standard Macbook as well. Also, a larger backlight for the screen.

8. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I get around 2:40- 3:20, and its the new 2.0 that was upgraded from 1.83. I've noticed that when it gets down to around 20% left, and it says about 15 minutes remaining, But I get ALOT more than that. But that was only one time it happened. I tend to use it 50-50 with the ac adapter and then on the go. I think on 3 hours is good enough for this beast. Not as advertised, but I'll take it. :D