MBP Battery Replacement and WiFi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Penguinwrangler, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Has anyone had their MBP batteries replaced by this performance recall? Is there is substantial or noticeable difference in battery performance?

My batter lasts 2.5 hours under normal usage on a good day now. I suppose anything could be better, but I'm in Bangkok and afraid the shipping would be a hassle.

Also, my WiFi signals are always jumping around in strength and I often cannot pickup a signal where my girlfriends MacBook gets several bars. Too bad her MacBook then dies because of RSS. ;)

Is there going to be a software fix for the finicky WiFi?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. thebeephaha macrumors 6502

thebeephaha

In OS X its not the software that messes up the wi-fi, its the aluminum case of the MBP... In windows there are reported driver issues. But it is well known iBooks and Macbooks get way better wi-fi reception than MBP's or Powerbooks.

3. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

There is a full tilt apple service center in Bangkok.
    Depending on how long you are going to be there they surely can handle it.
    Go to one of the little apple outlets at the Pantip Plaza and they will direct you. The only hitch I can see is the time it would take to get the replacement battery. But they can tell you there. They're pretty efficient.

Yea wifi reception sucks on my PB compared to my Ibook.

4. Penguinwrangler thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot Doctor Pangloss.

I'll be living in Bangkok for the next 8 months, so I'll take it to the Apple store at Siam, or the ones at Pantip and see what they say. My girlfriend has to take her MacBook in anyway for the problems it is having.