MBP Buying advice please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tcar18, Apr 28, 2006.

1. tcar18 macrumors newbie

To All:

I am beginning medical school in the fall and am planning to purchase the 15" mbp in the next few weeks. I plan to use my machine to take all of my notes, view digital histology slides, read/write papers and make presentations. Additionally, I will need to download and view dissection videos and images which need to be sharp. I also have a significant music collection which I hope to continue growing. I also need my mac to be travel friendly (good battery life) as I will be commuting 45 min to and from school by train.

Is the current MBP for me? Should I try to wait for the merom? If I buy should a request a specific serial number as I have heard of a number of issues with the first batches? What configuration?

Anyother advice as to what to or not to purchase (display, universal notetaking programs, etc...) is greatly appreicated.

thank you in advance

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Assuming you are going to med school, I am sure you are used to "searching". This topic has been brought up many many times. In short, it will work for you just fine and is probably overkill based on the needs you want.