MBP C2D keyboard alignment

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bxlewi1, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bxlewi1 macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2006
    Could someone with a C2D MBP take a shot of their keyboard? Mine has two things I'm just now noticing:

1. F1/F2 keys are slightly bowed upward
    2. "N" key is slightly bowed downward
    3. Spacebar is bowed up slightly in the left rear (towards trackpad)

I realize that I just need to relax, but I've got a few days in which I can return/exchange it.
  2. TaylorB macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Here is my keyboard in three different shots. I really haven't noticed anything wrong, but looking at these pictures i'm getting a little nervous. I think I'm nervous because the keys go in a little bit or something. Anyways, here they are.

edit: well, after doing all of this, I realized you said "Anyone with a C2D MacBook Pro".. so that was just a waste of time for me, mines a CD. Sorry about that. I'll leave the pictures up anyways just if you want to see others. Sorry :/
  3. Erlend macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2006
    Erm...My keyboard has the same problem except it are the F11/F12/eject keys that are affected.

Called apple and the replacement is on it's way...
  4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    You're joking right??? Your keys are tilted less than a degree in one direction??? THAT'S what your concerned about??? People are going to say "When I pay blah blah blah for a machine, I expect it to be perfect", but cmon.
  5. Erlend macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2006
    it was a bit more then a few degrees - they where tilting that much that the lid wouldnt close good, on the right side I could stick my finger between de screen and case when he was closed.