MBP C2D wake from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by diadem, Nov 24, 2006.

1. diadem macrumors regular

Got a little problem only noticed it while boted in to windows when i close the lid it goes to sleep but wont wake up, I have to hold the power button and reboot.

It will take in a CD but not eject while like this, the cap lock does not work either.
    I dont know if its just in windows i will need to test it in OSx but i have sent it to sleep in osx a couple times and its been ok.

2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

I have this same issue in OS X. Actually, it doesn't even sleep. I close the lid and the screen turns off, but the system stays running. Open it and the screen doesn't come back.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

strange, i dont have this issue. Try reseting the SMC controller and PRAM. These should help. If not you're PowerManagement scripts maybe a corrupt in which case you should re-install the OS?

4. diadem thread starter macrumors regular

fair enough weird tho had it sleep all lastnight in OSx no pro ah well try resting everything see how that goes.

5. Mikethesoundguy macrumors newbie

Same here. sometimes i have to close and reopen it slowly. it is like it dose not know i've opend the lid.

6. uv23 macrumors 6502

I find that my 15" is taking aprox 10 seconds to sleep once the lid is closed. A bit annoying.

7. Maccer macrumors newbie

I have got the same problem with my Macbook Pro C2D 2,33 GHz. But it doesn't happen very often.

1. I shut the lid and walk away. I am not sure whether the computer has actually gone to sleep or not.

2. I come back a while later. I lift the lid. The backlight of the screen doesn't turn on. I can, however, see the contents of the screen, but the computer doesn't respond to keyboard commands or mouse movement/clikcs.

3. I have to shut off the machine by holding down the power button a few seconds.

4. When I press the power button to start the machine, it actually restarts twice. The first time I hear the DVD drive mechanism but no start sound. A few seconds later it restarts normally with the start sound.

Is this what happens for you too?