Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I have recently noticed that on the left side of my MBP the case is coming apart at the top. Should I take it in? And do you think they will service it? I did previously dent the casing but this is completely different... One dent won't void the whole warranty on the case will it?

sturigdson

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2006
I too want to see pics. I've JUST NOTICED a similar issue on my MBP, or at least, I think it's similar.
On my CD MBP, the gray plastic on the left hand side is dividing from the front face of the base- right where the hard drive is. Its nothing serious, but it's bad enough to be noticed.

I'll try to get some pics later.

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
I too want to see pics. I've JUST NOTICED a similar issue on my MBP, or at least, I think it's similar.
On my CD MBP, the gray plastic on the left hand side is dividing from the front face of the base- right where the hard drive is. Its nothing serious, but it's bad enough to be noticed.

I'll try to get some pics later.

For what it's worth, when swapping out the hard drive and AirPort card on my 15" MBP, I found it to be near impossible to get the latches that hold the top cover (bezel) to the case in front of the hard drive (the same area you are describing) to latch.

As a result, the top cover is secured to the case, but there is the slightest gap between the case, gray trim piece that forms the edge, and the top cover in this area.

It's a niggling thing that very few people would probably notice, but it drives me crazy! Enough that I might go in and take it all apart again just to try and get it right.

Getting all the latches between the top cover and the case across the front edge of the machine to latch is nothing short of impossible.

I can post a picture later today if you like, just for comparison purposes.

MD

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I've noticed the same thing on my CD macbook pro... and on all of the other CD macbook pros I've seen (5 or 6). So this is where the hard drive is, eh? Interesting...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.