MBP click-beep sound?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by briantology, Mar 31, 2007.

1. briantology macrumors 6502

About every 20-30 seconds, my MBP hard-drive makes a little click-beep sound. Does anyone else have this problem/annoyance? Everything else is fine, no panics or anything, just the recurring sound.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hopefully it's just a regular hard drive noise, but verify the drive in Disk Utility just to be sure. :)

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Is it a mechanical beeping sound that sounds as if it is coming from the speakers, you know one that is being made as a warning? or does it sound more like a weird noise that is happening as a result of some action occurring?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

To check if it's the speakers, mute them for a while and try to notice if you can still hear it. :)

5. briantology thread starter macrumors 6502

It's definitely not an error sound (like the 'boop' or whatever). And it's not the speakers. The sound comes from the top left of the keyboard by the speaker. It seems like a normal sound of the HDD being accessed, but it's pretty frequent and noticable, and I don't know if that is how it's supposed to be.

BTW, I verified the drive and it says everything is fine. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have music playing constantly...

6. dailo macrumors regular

Try running the system diagnostics from the install discs and see if any errors pop up.