Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
My MBP (1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo) has worked great until today. I took it out of "sleep" mode and opened Adobe Illustrator and suddenly there were strange horizontal, colored lines or TV snow looking artifacts on the tabs (see screenshot below) that are not selected. Then it started to show all over the OS. When i change the volume (see screenshot below) etc.

I have a 2nd monitor attached, a Dell FTP 2500, but when i detach it, the problem remains, so it isn't linked to the Dell monitor.

I have tried to restart, change the refresh rate, colors and resolution. Decreasing the reslolution or the colors only makes it worse and it begins to appear throughout the screen.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

tommytran86

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2006
My MBP (1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo) has worked great until today. I took it out of "sleep" mode and opened Adobe Illustrator and suddenly there were strange horizontal, colored lines or TV snow looking artifacts on the tabs (see screenshot below) that are not selected. Then it started to show all over the OS. When i change the volume (see screenshot below) etc.

I have a 2nd monitor attached, a Dell FTP 2500, but when i detach it, the problem remains, so it isn't linked to the Dell monitor.

I have tried to restart, change the refresh rate, colors and resolution. Decreasing the reslolution or the colors only makes it worse and it begins to appear throughout the screen.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png
it sound like it might be the settin gof your graphic card :)

atsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
Fixed

Thanks!

I went into the ColorSync Utilty and clicked on "Devices" > Displays > Color LCD > Make Default Display.

That fixed it instantly.

Thx for helpin' out a newbie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.