MBP for Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ragnaros, May 18, 2006.

1. Ragnaros macrumors newbie

Well I bought my MBP about 1 month ago. I still have the case, manuals, plugs, and all.

With the advent of the macbook I'm interested in returning my MBP and getting the macbook. Although there is nothing horribly wrong with my MBP, I'd honestly like to save myself the money (and the MBP is a bit hot and it does whine when unplugged.:eek: )

Will making this return cause any complications, problems? Will making the return be as easy as just going to the store and telling them I want to return it without question? If I return it will they only refund me if there is an actual valid problem?

Thank you for the help, it is appreciated as always.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

At the very least you'd have to pay a restocking fee. Also there's a time limit as to how long you can take it back for. I think its usually something like 7 or 14 days but for all I know in the States it might be 28 days so basically a month.

You might have to sell it on here or ebay it instead, in fact you'd probably get a very similar amount after the restocking fee anyway.

3. Ragnaros thread starter macrumors newbie

According to http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/store.html

4. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Just give your MBP to me, then get your macbook. ;)

5. Ragnaros thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't guarantee anything.:p

Anymore input? (I've got to be honest - this post is partly a "shameful bump")

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why did you ask the question before going out and actually looking up the answer for yourself? It obviously wasn't hard if you already found your answer....

Anyway, you're going to have trouble if you bought it 1 month ago. Sell it on eBay. You'll get around the same amount of money, although I imagine lots and lots of people wanting to return their MBP and getting a MB instead.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Why would Apple want it, you do say it's too hot and whiney.

Some might even say that about some of the posters in this forum when they find out they cannot use a computer or a car for a month and get their money back from the manufacturer.