MBP: How long was your baby in the shop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brad.c, Feb 20, 2007.

1. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I have an appointment at the Genius Bar to figure out why my MBP won't run off the battery. I wasn't able to fix it via phone support, and am about to get some money's worth from the Applecare warranty.

I have a feeling this will not be fixed by a replacement battery--call it Pessimists Intuition--and I'll need to leave it behind. I'm wondering how long I may be without my baby, and wonder what other people's experiences have been with repair times.

Funny thing: last month the right-hand :apple: key fell off.

2. gcdrwhom macrumors member

Let's see...

Getting a battery replaced: Drive time plus 15 minutes of talking etc.

Getting an iBook's logic board replaced at the repair depot: Generally 3-4 days including shipping

Getting my MBP's HD replaced after I zapped it with Bootcamp: 21 days (though I'm told the HD was in short supply)

3. brad.c thread starter macrumors 68020

brad.c

Wow, I hope you live close to an Apple Store. I feel sorry for people who don't--particularly if they didn't keep their shipping box and styrofoam.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well Apple sends you a box to ship it off to them anyways. One just arrived at my house a few hours ago. Gotta send this one in for a new logic board. I am hoping for the 3-4 day turnaround time that gcdrwhom speaks of.

5. brad.c thread starter macrumors 68020

brad.c

Okay, that's handy. More time spent waiting, but at least your #1 Party School status should keep ya busy ;)

I could stand a 1-week turnaround, since I have a Quicksilver at home. Maybe it's an excuse to get an LCD as a make do. Oh, wait, no. Too broke.