MBP + HT820 Motorola Bluetooth Headphones?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chosenwolf, Aug 5, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Does anyone know if this combo will work? I wonder if you could use the HT820 w/ a mac to listen to music wirelessly =)

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There's a bluetooth protocol called ADsomething (yup, I'm only a pretend nerd really) which is a headphone / higher-res audio profile. This is what the host computer needs to support for these phones to work. As far as I know, the Macs don't have it. The phone will pair but nothing will happen.

If anyone knows of a workaround please post. I'd like to get my bluetooth phones working.

3. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

It's called the A2DP codec. I know windows supports it (Both Windows Mobile 5 for my phone and Windows XP), but i did some research and OS X doesn't support A2DP.

Pretty sad...

4. TX76MIKE macrumors newbie

TX76MIKE

it works just fine for me...

I'm a Mac newbie -- Just purchased my first ever Mac 2 weeks ago and am loving it! I have the HT820 and paired it to my Macbook, went to Sys Preferences and set the audio to use the HT820 (sound and mic). It works just fine! The quality is a bit poor, but it works! :)

5. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

You are probably listening @ Mono quality, thus the low quality. The A2DP codec is for stereo output which the Mac built-in bluetooth doesn't support =/

6. wasabinuki macrumors newbie

I purchased this Bluetooth Audio Transmitter and I could not be happier:

I can now listen to my iTunes library on my A2DP headset while I work out. The transmitter can also be used on any other 3.5mm line out jack (even though I haven't yet). The only drawback is that it doesn't allow for AVCRP control.

7. BornToMac macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

go to: www.motorola.com/mdirect/manuals/QG-HT820HdPhns.pdf

I followed the instructions and used bt preferences and got it to work w/ Itunes. Had problems w/garageband though...