MBP Keyboard -- Is There Any Hidden Tricky?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tolive, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tolive macrumors member

Just got my new MBP C2D 1 week ago, like it very much.
    But I got a weird problem on the keyboard: When I started typing text using the keyboard, maybe in 5 of 10 times, I found that I missed the first one (or even two) characters, it happened since the first day I got the MBP.
    Any tricky there? or is there any thing I missed?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I don't know how to fix that.. but I know someone else had that exact same problem.

3. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's happened to me before too. On my MBP as well as on my PC at home. I think that means it's more of an application problem or even OS problem than hardware.

-=|Mgkwho

4. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Yeah, you know, my MB C2D does that too. I thought maybe it is was just me. I'm glad to hear that it isn't only me. I haven't noticed that it has been doing it for a while... but I'm not sure if it is fixed. I can't recall what programs it did it in. MSN for sure.

The Stig

5. DA-Steve macrumors regular

i thought it was me not pushing the keys hard enough hahah..

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

It happened sometimes to me too! I always thought OS X was too bloated and the window hasn't gotten focus yet, and hence the keyboard event got lost in the ether.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Mine does that too, and I also thought it was just me. I've been using an external keyboard for the last few days, and I don't think it's done it on there yet.

8. tolive thread starter macrumors member

:confused: Less than 3 hours, so many victims? I also did a google search on "MacBook Keyboard Delay" and got several returning results too, people also reported that they got the same problem.

It seems this can be called an issue.

9. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Has anybody called Apple about this yet? Has anybody found on google a fix? Anything at all that could help?

The Stig

10. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I get this and have up until now thought it was just my interaction with a new keyboard. Now I'm thinking that it could be a system thing and will keep on it.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, I'd always assumed that it was just my typing, but it now looks like there's actually something wrong here. It'll be interesting to see what Apple have to say about it.

12. tokolowicz macrumors newbie

Happens to me occassionally too, both on my PowerBook G4 as well as my new MBP C2D. Must be an OS bug not registering the keyboard typing right away.

13. tolive thread starter macrumors member

I tried to send a Tech. Support Email to Apple about this issue, but couldn't find the link on Apple Website where I can sent them email...

14. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

The Powerbook G4 I just sold had this problem to. After one of the OS updates this started occurring. Since I got my new MBP I haven't had any problems with this (knock on wood).

It was extremely annoying. When I typed in my login it would always skip the first letter. Then I would have to type it in again... Hopefully the next update or leopard will fix this.

Nuc

15. clancemasterj macrumors regular

clancemasterj

Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6636/1558; en; U; ssr))

Sometimes on my MB it will not type anything in firefox. But when I open spotlight it types just fine.

16. tolive thread starter macrumors member

Nine months later after upgrading to Leopard, this same issue still continues and the problem remains unresolved.

Anybody has a solution?

17. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

You know I always assumed it was my typing too, but yesterday I was sitting on the couch without my external keyboard, and I noticed that quite a few letters were "missing" as I typed. Now I know I'm not that bad:eek::p

I would call Apple about it and ask them why this is happening. We all can't be terrible typers (especially since my external keyboard never misses a beat).

18. tolive thread starter macrumors member

I just feel so confused now, seems that Apple puts much more efforts on designing and making beautiful boxes than making these very basic (AND critical) functions work fine.

This is not the only problem I have on my MBP: since the 10.4.10 update in late July, the Aitport connection drops and page stalls at least once every hour, even worse, after the Leopard upgrade, I may or may not be able to finish and send out a message like this message length before the Internet connection drops again!

19. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I get this problem occasionally on my MBP SR 2.2 with Leopard 10.5.0