MBP Latch stuck?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JPT, Dec 7, 2006.

1. JPT macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    Hey, the button for the latch is stuck in the open position so the lid won't close all the way... Is there anyway I can safely fix this? And without voiding my standard warrentee? Or should I just call Apple tomorrow?
  2. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2006
    St Charles, MO
    Ouch, I don't have a MBP but yea you should call AppleCare before doing anything destructive. This is exactly what I had imagined when doing research on which notebook to get.
  3. manosaurus macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2006
    If it were me I would remove the battery from the computer and see if I could tell what was going on in there in any way. You might find that you can see nothing though.
  4. JPT thread starter macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    Already did that... all the sides inside the battery chamber are closed off...

Also it seems to be halfway clipping... Not sure about it's strength though... If not fixed by tomorrow afternoon I will call Apple...
  5. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Apr 26, 2003
    I'd do a search on this issue - some people were having a latch problem and a simple "bending" adjustment of the latch set things straight easily.
  6. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2006
    Your safest bet is to call apple. You have a warranty so use it. cheers, tom
  7. JPT thread starter macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    Alright, I just woke up and it seems to have popped back out over night :D