MBP new under $1400

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bob909bob, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bob909bob macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    I found this MBP for under $1400.00 bran new. http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=982421
    This seems to good to be true but it all seems legitimate. I wanted some input because I was not ready to buy a new computer just yet but if this is for real I can't pass this up.
  2. Multimedia macrumors 603

Jul 27, 2001
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    That's A Core Duo MBP With the BAD VENTS GETS SUPER HOT

How many times do we have to tell everyone to avoid CD MBPs because of the lousy vents?

C2D MBP has a radically different vent cooling system on it.
  3. student_trap macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2005
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    my gf has a cd model and finds it a pelasure to use. If you want a 15.4" screen in a very good quality laptop for that price, and are prepared for the problems that were present in the CD MBP's, such as mooing/whineing and excessive heat, then go for it as it is a lot of computer for the money.
  4. jamdr macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    Stop spreading the FUD. The whining was only present in some early Core Duo MacBook Pros, not all. And the Core Duo MacBook Pros are a heck of a lot cooler than the last rev of PowerBook G4s.
  5. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    One thing is a fact: MacBook Pros from this rev and last rev all have mediocre to poor displays. They have lousy viewing angles, unevenly lit displays, and light leakage up the wazzoo.