MBP Now or wait till Fall!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by biggip, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. biggip macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    #1
    I have been thinking about upgrading soon from my iBook G4 into a MBP.
    But I read somewhere that MBP might be upgraded to a Core 2 Duo processor's in the fall. Is that possible and would you think it's worth a wait and hang onto the G4 till then?

    By the way I am a film student so basicly I use my computer for editing at home and regular browsing and etc.
     
  2. Collin973 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2006
    #2
    Definitely worth the wait. That's what I'm doing. Search the forums because there are a ton of posts just like yours discussing the different possibilities/rumors.
     
  3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

    Eniregnat

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Location:
    In your head.
    #3
    Is it a need or a want? If you need a new MBP then get it. No mater what happens the Latest And Greatest will happen along the day afterwards. If it is just a want, then wait until you just can't any more.

    Personaly, I would wait until the upgrade.
     
  4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #4
    Bleeding Edge Man! I'm holding out for WWDC at least. Or even the end of the Back To School Rebate.
     
  5. Collin973 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2006
    #5
    Same here...but that 64 bit is tempting...though not necessary...but I've been waiting since february...another month...would probably kill me
     

Share This Page