MBP on Ebay Cheap

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ewulls01, Feb 2, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502

You know what they say:

If it's too good to be true...

But this guy sells a lot of mac's. I don't know. Personally I'd stay away. Just looking at the way he treats his customers (read some of the feedback he left in response to negative or neutral feedback), it's not worth it.

3. macrumors 601

Krafty

My opinion: I wish my parents were generous enough to get me one.... :/ I really want a MBP to replace my 1yr outdated MB.

4. macrumors 68020

I'd never buy a computer from eBay unless I could afford to lose the money without hesitation. Sort of the way you throw a penny into a fountain without trying to get it back.

5. Moderator emeritus

sushi

1 year old...Outdated?

Many on MR are still using computers that are 5 years and older.

Just because a new model comes out does not mean that your current model is outdated. If it still does what you need to do, then it is still a viable computer.

6. macrumors 6502

I've heard from people who have successfully bought from him that the item came NIB from Apple just as described but the shipping was painfully slow. The seller is also an impatient person.

7. macrumors 601

Krafty

But I could really use a MBP. I guess its cause most people on my campus who have one (IMO) dont really need it (or use it to half its extent), where with what I do I could REALLy use a 15" screen.

8. macrumors regular

It's only $109 less than the equivalent refurb, not worth it IMO.

9. macrumors 68020

Different argument, bro. Next time just say you want an MBP, without calling your MB outdated. :D

10. macrumors 6502

Outgrown would have been a much better word! :D

11. macrumors 601

Krafty

True. I think its cause seeing everyone else with one im just imitated. Dont get me wrong, I love my MB and am grateful to have parents that bought me one, its just hard when I want to do something but cant.

I have to upgrade my HD again, upgrade my RAM, and still the workspace is little. Then again, I kinda like it cause of its compact size. IDK, sometimes seeing things on it is cooler than on a 15", btu workwise I wish there wish the screen would morph into like...a 25" monitor.

12. macrumors member

yea..ive been an ebay user for 3 or 4 years i think..maybe longer..but this guy does seem legit..even though he acts like a little kid. Although if anything goes wrong i would contact ebay and paypal straight away once receiving your laptop. Paypal gives you 45 days but still...contact them straight away. If i dont like the new macbook pros, or if it is a small difference, than this macbook pro..i might as well buy this one. $1600 isnt bad..thats including tax and shipping. If i use my student discount on the new macbook pro..once out..itll cost me $1900..or a little more than that..saving $300 would be great. Although i might be willing to pay the $300 if the new macbook pro is alot faster, and comes with higher specs...$300 worth lol.

13. macrumors member

Another really good deal on a MacBook Pro.

Best as I can tell, it is the matt screen 2.4 ghz MBP for $400 less then apple sells it for. I had to sit on my hands not to buy one. I am going to wait until my PB has been run into the ground :eek::mad::rolleyes:. But no reason not to share the wealth.

FYI I think I found this site through cnet.com

14. macrumors 6502

As long as you buy thru paypal, you should be safe. I always use my CC for pricey purchases, so there is always that recourse too, but paypal usually gets your money back.
    Still... makes me wonder about his source if he can sell them that low...

15. macrumors member

99% of his people have seemed happy..i just messaged him asking him if its refurbished or not...hopefully the new macbook pro is what it comes out to be..something alot better. I have $2600 saved up for it...but if its not gonna be that different, i might as well buy this one.

16. Moderator emeritus

sushi

What about getting an external monitor for when you are working in your dorm?

An external monitor would give you a lot more space than a MBP 15.

17. macrumors 601

Krafty

Cause I work in a lot of areas (friends dorms, school, "hub" AKA Cafeteria). I actually saved 330 for a 15" iMac G3 (cause I've craved for th movable screens for the LONGEST time) and spent it on an iPod touch.

18. r00
    macrumors member

Why did you have to post this!? I promised I would wait for the updated model but saving over $200 seems worth it to me for a current MBP...

AHHHH!!!!!

19. macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

That's an amazing price. Plus, if you have ever used ebay before you'd know its very safe. After going through a little bit of this guys feedback, he seems like a very good seller. I would def buy one of these from him if I hadn't already.

20. macrumors member

i know its tempting! ..still got till the 12th ...9 more days left..i swear ..if their is no announcement on the macbook pro by then..im just gonna buy one off of ebay. Im tired of waiting.

21. macrumors 6502

Don't do that, it will be announced right after you buy it!!! :eek:

22. McGiord, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

macrumors 68040

McGiord

Cheap is cheap...

I do prefer to buy from MacMall, you get more stuff for a similar price, and they will not screw you...

In eBay there is always a risk.

www.macmall.com
    ________
    Chrysler Crossfire history

23. macrumors member

24. macrumors newbie

25. r00
    macrumors member

Oh balls. It's been up for only 3 hours and 2 have already sold. These are going to go quick and I just might give in...