MBP/PB + CS2 vs. MBP/PB + CS3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by proverbs, Dec 8, 2006.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    im currently in a dilemma. i have commited to sell my 1.67ghz pb, with 1.5gb ram and buy a new mbp c2d. the thing i didnt know was that cs2 runs like crap on the mbp. i was thinking that it should only run SLIGHTLY slower on the c2d, but from what ive been reading, this is not the case.

what im wondering is if it is at least bearable to run cs2 on the mbp until the cs3 comes out. what is it equvalent to in comparison with a pb. for example, if i had a 1ghz pb with 1gb ram, would it be equvalent to a mbp 2.16ghz with 1gb of ram. im just trying to get an idea of how bad it will be.

another question i had was if someone knew how cs3 will run on the pb in comparison to the mbp. will it run awesome on my pb like the cs2 does, or will it run exponentially better on a mbp. in other words, will the cs3 be made to run great on both systems or is it specifically made to run on the intel chip.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

Oct 29, 2006
    ~119W 34N
    CS2 runs fine on my 2.33GHz C2D. It takes longer to launch than on my 1.67 PBG4, but once there, it's fine. I would even go so far as to say it feels a bit "snappier". Not a problem - especially when it'll only be a few months (hopefully) until CS3 is available.
  3. techster85 macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    I would think that buying the C2D and then getting CS3 when it is released would be by far the fastest thing, plus, it is the way the technology is moving, even if the software peeps haven't released their stuff yet...