MBP plastic part cracked

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Diego94, Nov 6, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

The plastic part conecting the screen and the keyboard in my MBP has a crack! i don't know were it comes from, i have never droped it or misshandeled my computer in any way. Will a repair be covered by the warranty?

2. macrumors 6502

d88co88

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a MacBook. Not a MacBook Pro. If so, yes. They will repair it for free as it was a design flaw ont their part.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

no, its a Macbook pro, the cracked part is the plastic part that conects the screen with the rest of the computer

Attached Files:

4. Guest

spinnerlys

Do you have an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Reseller/Repairshop in your area? If so, bring the MBP to them and show them your crack and they will tell you, if or if not it will be repaired under warranty.

Btw, the images or photos you attached are blurry, thus at least me can't really discern what the crack is or what not.

5. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Those photos are unfortunately useless.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Better Photos

This pictures are better

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 65816

As far as I can tell, it IS indeed a MBP. You can call Apple and see if you have luck with them. I'm not sure they'll fix it though.

8. macrumors newbie

It is actually steel hinges that connect the screen to the computer. The plastic part that broke is just a cover over that area so you don't see the wires. It should not affect the computer negatively as far as I know.

9. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Also, it's still hard to tell with those really blurry images, but it looks more like a scratch than an actual crack.

10. macrumors 6502a

Just buy the part and fix it yourself. I don't know which MBP you have but here's the part for a 2008/2009 15" MBP. It's only $15...better to pay that than to go through the hassle of trying to get it fixed under warranty.