Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jab00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
Hey guys this may be a question you guys see all the time but I am looking to get a bit of advice about when would be the best time to get a new MBP. I know product refreshes tend to happen at fairly sporadic intervals and that we may see one when El Capitan is released but I am curious when you guys think the best time to buy a new computer would be. I always seem to buy right before refreshes and I was hoping to avoid it this time around. Luckily for me I am not super concerned about the new chips (Broadwell or whatever) but more about the idea of USB-C. I love the idea behind it and would hate to miss out by a couple of months, weeks or whatever if you think it may be a possibility that the MBP's might see the addition of the new USB-C.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Hey guys this may be a question you guys see all the time but I am looking to get a bit of advice about when would be the best time to get a new MBP. I know product refreshes tend to happen at fairly sporadic intervals and that we may see one when El Capitan is released but I am curious when you guys think the best time to buy a new computer would be. I always seem to buy right before refreshes and I was hoping to avoid it this time around. Luckily for me I am not super concerned about the new chips (Broadwell or whatever) but more about the idea of USB-C. I love the idea behind it and would hate to miss out by a couple of months, weeks or whatever if you think it may be a possibility that the MBP's might see the addition of the new USB-C.

Both of the rMBP lines 13 uinch and 15 inch have been updated in the last 3 months. There won't be anything new (apart from a possible but unlikely silent refresh to broadwell in the 15 inch) until the end of the year at the earliest in my opinion and it's far more likely to be Q1 next year.

Reactions: Beachguy

Jab00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
Both of the rMBP lines 13 uinch and 15 inch have been updated in the last 3 months. There won't be anything new (apart from a possible but unlikely silent refresh to broadwell in the 15 inch) until the end of the year at the earliest in my opinion and it's far more likely to be Q1 next year.

Perfect! thank you for your input here... Thats kind of what I was afraid of but like I said I would hate to miss out on the new computers if the refresh happened sooner and was more significant (like the addition of USB-C) so I am glad to hear you think it will most likely be a minor chip refresh if anything

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.