MBP protection hellp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zipper1022, Dec 9, 2006.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i remmerb reading stuff about powerbooks and keeping something between he keyboars and the screen while it closed

my MBP came wit that sheet of paper(?) inbetween teh keyboard and the screen. shoudl i keep that in there when i have it closed and are transporting it? also, those rubber keyboard protector things, the keyskins, ifi use one of those will it mark up my screen? anyone have an suggestions on protecting my MBP in genereal, i alreayd have an incase case from apple.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The key things will probably damage your screen if you leave them in permanently. Simply leaving the paper/foam Apple initially put between the screen and the keys should suffice in keeping everything cool. :)

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

By key things, you mean iSkin keyboard protector?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah. The iSkin isn't so bad, but some of the alternative brands are.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

So I should still leave the paper/foam sheet inbetween the iSkin and screen?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not that finicky with my iBook but I wouldn't have either the iSkin or the paper in between the keyboard and the screen, so as to avoid compression and indentation, plus heat dissipation if working in clamshell mode. I guess for you, it'd be best to either just have the iSkin or even to take it off each time you close the laptop. This may not be practical though. :)