Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
This has happened three times: once yesterday and two times today.

Here are the specs: C2D MBP 2.16 2.0 GB Ram 120 GB HDD. Plugged in to a Dell 20.1" Widescreen display and the display's USB hub with a Logitech mouse.

The first time I had yahoo messenger running in Windows XP and I went to adjust the brightness of the laptop's screen and my MBP rebooted in to OS X.

The second and third time I was playing Medieval Total War II (sweet game by the way) and the game locks up for about 5 seconds then reboots to the white apple screen.

Now this hasn't happened before and I just loaded MTWII yesterday so maybe it has something to do with that, but I'm wondering if this has happened to any one else. It's pretty annoying.

As long as this isn't happening in OS X, Apple doesn't care because with boot camp, they don't provide support when using Windows XP (if i remember correctly).

So, any thoughts?

jksjb

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2006
Reboot & Shutdown

I have had the same issues with the MBP. It has been replaced twice to date and i should have the new 3rd one tomorrow or the next day. I was told they were going to ship it for repair but i said not and they gave me a new one.

As a note, i had loaded Parallels with XP and office 2004. Everything was as it came out of the box.

Any ideas or similar problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.