MBP, recommend me a large display...23-30inch.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by breadz, Aug 26, 2006.

1. breadz macrumors newbie

if MBP cant have 2 external monitors, i may want to just buy a high resolution big'ole monitor for a 2nd display.

2. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

Did you forget about Apple's 30" display? Dell has one too, but Apple's is nicer.

In the future, you may be able to get an answer faster if you search the forums. there are numerous threds asking the same thing you are.

:D

EDIT: Looks like schaef2493 beat me to it. :)

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Apple Cinema Display....Sexiest display out to date...

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I'm going to have a 2407 for me... Component, Composite, and DVI... sweet... GCube, Wii, and some MBP....

5. breadz thread starter macrumors newbie

if you check out slickdeals, supposedly some people are getting the 23 inch dell for ~500-600 and getting a third one at a much cheaper discount!

6. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

If you don't wat to pay Apple's or Dell's price level, I would recommend a Samsung screen. I saw the sweetest display ever, of course except ACD's. A Samsung 205BW:D brikeh here has it, and uses with his PowerBook G4.

If I were you, I'd go with a 23" Apple Cinema Display. Since 30" would be overkill for most people, the 23" is also compatible with iMac/MacMini/MacBook, so your friends family may also take advantage of it. Also, if you decide to get i.e. a Mini next, it might be nice to be able to use the ACD with it;)

7. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

i hate to say this, but i'd go with dell a mac magazine i read give the apple 3 stars and the dell five, the dell has more features, the apple one only has a on button and brightness buttons the dell has a lot more, like colour calibration

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Most tests have shown the Apple to be the better Display but only just barely... The Dell for the price and features has a big advantage over the Apple, but the Apple has something about the colors, can't remember what exaclty... but out shined the dell in acctual perfomance of colors and what not...

9. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...oa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=99CE5F22&nclm=AppleDisplays
    You know, a display shouldn't be measured on how many buttons it has.

The Apple display can be calibrated from software built in to OS X. It also has extra firewire, and USB ports (pretty sure the Dell does too).
    I'm not saying I'd get the Apple display, in fact, I wouldn't, but at least figure out what you're talking about.

10. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I know it can be configured in OSX, but it can't manually, the Dell is better value for money, more features, i didn't judge it by how many buttons it had, i was just saying. :eek:

11. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Alrighty then, I just wanted to make sure. The only button I'd like to see on a Mac (edit: or any Apple hardware) is a big shiny red one (function undecided).

As I said, I'd go for the dell too. It is better value. Apart from looks and price, they're pretty much the same monitor.

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

13. breadz thread starter macrumors newbie

hi all, thanks for the suggestions. i might go with either the dell or apple, but most likely the dell since its far more cheaper... i guess i can say bye bye to this yrs tax return. lol

14. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

If you wait till thursdays it when Dell has their sales, thats what dell rep told me, Right now is 800 and some change, last week the 24 was 709. Oh I dont know about you but the dell kiosk near me gives you 25's off the monitor also if you order through them...