MBP refub pricing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zeke88, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Zeke88 macrumors newbie

Dear all, searched around for any advice on this, but didn't see any, hence the post--apologies in advance if my searching skills aren't up to snuff.

I've been shopping for a new laptop lately, and I've noticed that the Macbook Pro 1.83 15" machines are offered at what seems like a very reasonable price on Apple's refurb site: $1549 (advertised as %23 lower than the original price).

$1549 is at the very upper end of what I can afford, but at this price point my other option is the macbook. I prefer the MBP to the MB both for the dedicated graphics and the larger screen.

My question is this: IF (big if?) the MBPs are updated at WWDC, are the refurb prices on these 1.83 machines likely to change?

I certainly don't need the latest and greatest tech (i.e. I'll be plenty happy with one of these), but I'd hate to spend $1549 now if the refurb prices might only get better after WWDC.

Any advice? Is my $1549 going to go any further if I wait until after 8/7, or should I just buy now?

Any and all advice appreciated.

-Z

2. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

3. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

If Apple releases another model of the Macbook for $1999 or drops one of the more expensive models to that price then the 1.83 Pro will likely drop another $100 or so. Apple typically doesn't go any futher than 33% off original retail price on their refurbished products so the 1.83 will be cheaper cause it'll be on its way out.
    So just wait a week or 2 and you'll likely get a good price

4. aog macrumors newbie

aog

If I were you i´d wait, don´t be surprised if the price doesn´t drop though.

5. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

If you can wait, than do! Eventually the prices will drop, and then right after that happens, pounce!:)

6. Oofie macrumors regular

mbp

I just bought a brand new 1.83 MBP from macconnection.com for 1499 (after rebates) shipped and it comes with a travel bag. So basically its cheaper to go with macconection, and you'll get a brand new one. IMO the refurb price is good but there's sales tax here so thats like another $100 for me.

7. nitynate macrumors 6502a

8. Oofie macrumors regular

^^ If that price (1549) is the upper end of what he can afford, then I say go for it. I know that there will be a new MBP in the coming weeks, but it will be in the $2k price range. Just like me, I didnt wait because I knew that even if the new MBPs start showing up, I could still only afford the 1.83 model.

BTW, I just got my MBP from macconnection and it is amazing! I cant believe I spent the same money ($1499) two years ago for a 14" ibook.