This past summer I bought a 17" MBP to finally replace my Dual 1.25 G4. A HUGE upgrade! I went for the 17" because I wanted eSATA expansion capability and thought the 512MB video card would be useful for my purposes (I do video editing and learned after I purchased it really doesn't help much-- even with my 24" Dell hooked up I see no performance difference in any capacity with the discreet processor turned on.) Well it seems my needs have grown significantly. I now do things I never dreamed of on my G4. A current project for example is a 6 month timelapse of a building being built. Every 2 weeks I have 32Gb of new photos. I'm at 15,000 right now, which I use Lightroom to export out bracketed exposures. It takes about 24 hours per exposure value. 3 days for a full set. I bought a RAID0 eSATA to speed things up, it is now almost full but I'm dealing with it. The most time consuming part is dealing with the individual photos. After Effects is another nightmare. But I can deal with the few hours it takes compressor to do something. Video I imagine isn't an issue, it's these huge still photos. After I got the MBP I was thinking about getting a Mac Mini to use as a sort of render farm. I don't have a lot of money. Now I'm wondering if I should take the hit and just sell my MBP and get a MP, or wait until the i7-9xx comes out (would that help?). For what I'm doing would I even see improvements? I liked the mobility of my MBP but I don't travel much these days and literally every port on the side is in use, it's basically a desktop.