Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I have had several problems with my MBP 2.0. I had to have the HD replaced and I have a lot of other small issues they didn't fix when i first sent it in (although i told apple about them): sound not working, magsafe not lighting up, computer not restarting each time, etc.

I called apple tech support today and they realized they couldn't do much for it, and said I needed to send it in.

I said: "i refuse to send this in. I can't keep losing business when this machine is in the shop. i have spent 3 grand on it and it has been in the shop twice in 3 months? Nonsense. you guys need to work with the store I bought it from to get me a replacement."

So they were nice and contacted the store I purchased it from. Store manager said if I brought it in and they deteremined it was DOA, I could get a replacement then.

However, when I got to the store, the manager and guinesses had a different tone and story. They kept saying they "understood" my frustrations with the machine, but that they needed to send it in. I said: "no, you don't understand. for 3 grand, this machine should last longer than 3 months. you are going to have to figure something out."

this kept going on each time with my voice getting a little more stern and other potential customers hearing it.

the manager decided to just DOA it then and replace my model with a store credit. So i was able to get the MBP 15.4 2.16ghz instead of my old 2.0.

Also, since I am in college, I was elgible for the iPod rebate and walked out with a free nano!

Now that is a great day!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Eluon said:
I have had several problems with my MBP 2.0. I had to have the HD replaced and I have a lot of other small issues they didn't fix when i first sent it in (although i told apple about them): sound not working, magsafe not lighting up, computer not restarting each time, etc.

I called apple tech support today and they realized they couldn't do much for it, and said I needed to send it in.

I said: "i refuse to send this in. I can't keep losing business when this machine is in the shop. i have spent 3 grand on it and it has been in the shop twice in 3 months? Nonsense. you guys need to work with the store I bought it from to get me a replacement."

So they were nice and contacted the store I purchased it from. Store manager said if I brought it in and they deteremined it was DOA, I could get a replacement then.

However, when I got to the store, the manager and guinesses had a different tone and story. They kept saying they "understood" my frustrations with the machine, but that they needed to send it in. I said: "no, you don't understand. for 3 grand, this machine should last longer than 3 months. you are going to have to figure something out."

this kept going on each time with my voice getting a little more stern and other potential customers hearing it.

the manager decided to just DOA it then and replace my model with a store credit. So i was able to get the MBP 15.4 2.16ghz instead of my old 2.0.

Also, since I am in college, I was elgible for the iPod rebate and walked out with a free nano!

Now that is a great day!

So you used an education discout to get a machine you make a living on?

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Eluon said:
I said: "i refuse to send this in. I can't keep losing business when this machine is in the shop.

Good thing they didnt see your posts on here. They would of said why dont you use your Mac G5 17in 1.8. =)

Glad you got your replacement..

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
iGary said:
So you used an education discout to get a machine you make a living on?

Yeah, I've done it. I took a new Shake class when we got to v.3.5 so I was a student. But I was a working professional too. I got the student discount, but I had to order my PowerMac over the phone because I was at a "school" but not a college or whatever, so they needed verification.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I work as a teacher for after school tutoring and in a church. My work is done on my laptop - powerpoint presentations, messages, e-mail, newsletters, etc.

My laptop does not churn out anything that makes ME a profit, but it is used for my job.

"losing business" was a wrong way to put it. losing time for work because of w/o a laptop, i can't get my work done.

forgive me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.