MBP (Rev D): Get another or return for a refund?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by knifegun, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. knifegun macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
    #1
    I am returning a rev D MBP. The main issue I have is the whinning noise is still present. At this point, I don't know what else to do as there appears not to be any resolution. But I really like the machine.

    So the question is, should I get a replacement or get a refund and wait?

    Another issue I have is I got a good price through ADC. I am afraid that the prices on the ADC will go up when the 17" MBPs are announced.

    Any thoughts? I am not sure what to do and my wife is not helping much!
     
  2. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

    AJ Muni

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2005
    Location:
    Miami
    #2
    Im sending mine in for repair. I asked them if they were going to send me a new mbp, and they said no they were going to repair it. Im glad they are cuz i feel they've figured out the problem and they can fix it, and just not send me a new mbp that can have the same issues.
     
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
    #3
    You can get a refund on a laptop because it makes a bit of noise? Non-Mac laptops make noise all the time.
     
  4. esaleris macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    #4
    Isn't the noise only when you are running on battery?
     
  5. knifegun thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
    #5
    Yes, the noise is only when I am running on battery. Regarding the MBP repairs, from my understanding, they replace the screen inverter. However, the processor sound is not fixed as it is deemed "normal".
     
  6. milo macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2003
    #6
    Are you eating a restocking fee or are you getting a full refund because it's deemed defective?
     
  7. knifegun thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
  8. milo macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2003
    #8
    You could always buy another but insist on pulling it out of the box and making sure it doesn't have those problems before buying it.

    My mini has an issue, if they have to swap it for a different machine I'm definitely making them run the new one before I'll agree to take it.
     
  9. dejo Moderator

    dejo

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2004
    Location:
    The Centennial State
  10. Placeholder macrumors member

    Placeholder

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    Location:
    Canada
    #10
    Yes and No. There's reports of some hardware changes (to fix the screen buzz), but I think, officially speaking, it's still on Rev A.
     
  11. knifegun thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
    #11
    I purchased it online so unfortunately, I cannot check it out before accepting it. Also, you need a quiet room to determine whether the CPU buzz is still there. The Apple store is always loud.
     

Share This Page