MBP shuts down when the cable is diconected!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by -Escher-, Jun 16, 2006.

1. -Escher- macrumors member

Usually I have my MPB connected to the power cable and everything works fine...

BUT when the cable is disconected, the computer shuts down sudenly after 5-10 minutes of use even with the full batery...I've tried to change battery saving settings but didn't work........

ANY CLUE????????

thanks

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

Try trashing the file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration called com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

After this happens, how does the battery level read using the LEDs on the battery? And does the battery level read a good amount if you plug the machine in and start it back up?

Just trying to see whether it's just a bad battery or something else...

4. -Escher- thread starter macrumors member

Actually, the battery LEDs are completely off...all of them....Even with the power cable conected....But when I press the buttom on the battery by the LEDs, ALL of them turn on (either with or without the cable conected)....So it seems that the battery is ok right??

5. -Escher- thread starter macrumors member

Just did (+restart)....didn't work....

6. FongMan macrumors regular

FongMan

i had the exact same problem. When the cable isn't plugged in it would shut down at random times. i took it to an apple store and they replaced it for free and now it's working fine :)