MBP sleep question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by briantology, Mar 29, 2007.

1. briantology macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2006
    How often do you let your MB/MBP sleep (with and/or without power adapter)?

Also, do you put your MB/MBP to sleep or shut it down when putting it in a sleeve/backpack for traveling (say, going to class on campus or some other equivalent)?
  2. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    i let it sleep on a daily basis, and depend on the length of travel, i do both.

but surely you aren't interested in my computer using behavior, what's your real question?
  3. briantology thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2006
    Nah, just to see what most people do. I usually just let my MBP sleep only at night. Then I was wondering what would be best to do as far as transporting it, in sleep mode or shut down.

Oh, and what do you do if you want to avoid to start-up Mac sound? Would muting the speakers before shut down work? Or power up with headphones in?
  4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    almost always with power adapter. I tend to flip flop between letting it sleep at night or turning it off. I like to listen to some podcasts while I fall asleep so it all depends.

regarding the start up sound, muting would work just fine. I have had all to many days when I walk into a meeting late and start up and the volume was at full blast, a nice alert to the room that the late jack *ss just got in.

Transporting in either mode is completely fine, just make sure you have a nice and protective carrying case that keeps the lid firmly shut.
  5. dailo macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2006
    I pretty much always sleep mine unless I am traveling with it off for a long time. Sleeping it does take a little battery away, but not too much.
  6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2007
    Sleep's fine for most Mac lappies. I can leave my PowerBook on sleep for up to 5 days and still have charge left. At night I'll sleep it normally, or if it's running low on charge, sleep it with the power cable.

Apple have built OS X to deal with sleep really effectively.