MBP Sound Issues: can anyone relate? solution?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by indigoflowAS, Apr 19, 2006.

1. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

My roommate's MacBook Pro is having some rather disheartening issues. His second MBP is having some ridiculous sound distortions, particularly in the low frequencies...it is not the speaker(s) on the computer for jacking into external speakers sees the same garbled distortions. Two kernel panics have also occured (the reason he sent his W8610 model back), now this revision is acting up.

What is the cause of such an issue?

I consider myself lucky, for my W8610 has only seen the processor whine and a scorched lap from heat.:eek:

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

Did you apply the new firmware update that provided BIOS support for Windows?

I heard something about it affecting the sound when your system boots up, something about a POP sound.

3. indigoflowAS thread starter macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Nah, this is a slightly different case. It relates to audio playback (music/video/sfx) while in the OS...things sound muddy and kind of garbled. Interesting about the firmware though, wonder if that could be a factor.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does the start up sound (POST, or bong) sound normal? If it does, try giving the PRAM a reset. :)