MBP Superdrive Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBookG4user, Nov 11, 2006.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've encountered the first problem since getting my MBP. It won't ready CDs/DVDs. I've tried several different CDs, it just spins up and continues to spin, never mounting the CD. With blank CD-Rs it never spins them up and they never mount either, with DVDs it sounds like it goes normally but it never mounts it either. I bought AppleCare for it, should I setup an Appointement with the Genious Bar? (it's an hour and a half drive, so I only want to do it if it's absolutely neccesary). I bought the stock MBP, and it's been about a month since I got it, so could I just switch it with a C2D?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know if they'll let you switch it, but definitely take it back. It's too new to have a problem like this.

3. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I figured out the problem. The problem was that I had windows running under parallels and windows thinks that all CDs/DVDs are it's property. I suspended windows and now things are working as they should be. But I do have another question, anyway that both parallels and Mac OS X can see the CD/DVD at the same time?