MBP US Keyboard... can't get used to it!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by liamski, Feb 13, 2007.

1. liamski macrumors member

Jan 14, 2007

I've been using my MBP for the last few weeks, and just cant get used to the "'@" key being where the " " " symbol is - I'm a long term Windows users you see :eek:

is there any way to swap them around in OSX? Sorry if this question has been raised before. Btw.. I bought the machine from Apple UK

2. adom macrumors 6502

May 27, 2006
    lol you will trust me. It took me a while, but now i find it annoying when I have to do it the "normal" way on my pc's at work now!

Give it time! :apple:
  3. point665 macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2004
    Funny, I dont like it the other way around (prefer US keyboard) - but I've gotten used to the "international english" one too...

You can set it to behave as the international english keyboard (so you type as you normally would) by going to International and Input menu (believe you would check British? and uncheck U.S.). Hope this helps.
  4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    i personally dont think that you should change it. It doesn't take too long to get used to and if you switch it, the symbols will be in the wrong place. There is, however a programme round (i have forgotten the name of it) that allows you t create your own keyboard so you could press "f" and it comes out with a word. I'll have a look around
  5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

Dec 2, 2006
    kidnapped by aliens
    be happy with the little inconvenience you have.

I live in Belgium where the Azerty layout is the standard. I learned to type on a Qwerty layout years ago in times it wasn't economical to produce regional keyboards. When I want a new mac I always have to order a BTO since the apple store is also localized.

Also, whenever I touch someone elses keyboard my fingers are in trouble ...