MBP vs. iMac Again

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Roads8, Jan 10, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Heya everyone!

I feel like I’m in a tough situation so I am calling on all of you for help. To start, I had a school issued :apple: macbook pro 2 years ago until the college I am attending forced me to give it up in exchange for a Lenovo (evil I know :mad:). In my school, your major decides your comp and because I switched… Anyway, now I want my mac back and I have enough money to do it. The problem is deciding what. So to sum it up:

• I have a windows laptop that I MUST keep for at least 1.5 more years.
    • I do a lot of design work on the side (Adobe Suite and other design software)
    • I am a gamer
    • I will be probably be installing windows 7 on bootcamp
    • I am aiming to purchase an iPad 2
    • I will be using Office or something similar
    • I am looking at the 27 inch iMac and the 15 inch Macbook Pro at the moment.
    • I have a budget of less than $2000.

I am open to all opinions and suggestions. Thanks, Roads8.

2. macrumors regular

iMac.

You have a portable computer, why do you wan't another one?
    And also, there are plenty of threads that compare the iMac vs. the Macbook Pro. Before posting a thread (again) go ahead and check those out first.

3. macrumors 65816

shyam09

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that there are a lot of other threads dealing with the issue but most of them are outdated or have a different situation. Plus, if I were to go by most of them, I should get a macbook pro.

Anyway, thank you for the advice.

5. macrumors 604

wordoflife

What are the specs of your current laptop and is it locked down (like restrictions on installing stuff, etc)

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

it is a Lenovo T510, 320GB HD, 3GB RAM, Intel Core i5, 512MB NVIDIA Graphics Card. The only locks on it that I can't break (without repercussions ;)) is the fact that it is on a 32-bit system.