MBP warranty grrrrrr

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zipper1022, Nov 29, 2006.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i got my 17 inch mbp yesturday and idk why bu i feel liek its got problems

thre is one dead pixlle that i dont really care about, the cd rom drive is quite loud...
    and the tracking pad seem to get stuck?? when i click certain things the trackpad takes a second to respond.

also i jsut noticed a small dent in the top shell

i got it from bestbuy so shoudl i contact them???
    id much rather jsuit go to an apple store and get a replacement.....

what should i do??
    is this stuff covered, its literally under 48 hours old!!!

2. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Just return it to the best buy and tell them you didn't want it. Then buy another one later. If it's that new, they should just take it back.

3. PillarFan1 macrumors member

4. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

yuo nocited taht aslo, eh?

If my computer couldn't spell any better than that, I'd take it back too! :D

5. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

oh give me a break, im used to typing on a regular jkeyboard and im freakin out becasue this computer doesnt seem to be working rite...

3000$ dollars, i want this thing to run NASA!

adn dnto mkea fnu of em fro nto bengi abel 2 splel!!!!

6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

The optical drive is loud, that's the way it is, when things spin that fast and you have a <1in computer it is going to be loud.

The sticking trackpad is supposed to happen. This is "Ignore accidental trackpad input" it thinks you are typing so makes the trackpad less sensitive, this can be turned off in System Prefs.

The rest is cosmetic, Apple probably won't fix under warranty. BestBuy might return depends on who you talk to.

7. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

LOL - oyak - :p

How much memory in it, and what are you running?

8. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

well its not the accidental touch thing, i tried that, it just straight up doesnt respond for a second or two after i click certain things...

i understand the cosmetic stuff isnt big but woulnt you be pissed if your BRAND NEW computer had a dent in the top? the thing hasnt even left my desk!!

it is a stock 17inch configuration and bestbuy made me wait 23 days from time of order to get it...

i hope you guys can understand my frustration...

i would bring it back to apple but immediately they are going to say i dropped it because its dented. and the trackpad thing doesnt happen all the time...
    hopefully when i call best buy tommorow they are nice to me...

has anyone else had problems with their c2d MBPs?

9. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Whoa - I didn't notice initially that you had this with 2 Gig's o'ram...

The dent alone should qualify for a replacement, if not the problems you are having. Try Apple, or try at Best Buy - give them the chance to help you, or say no. If they say no, then turn to Apple's Customer Service. Good luck!

10. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

yea, the computer is nuts, ive never had a chance to really use a mbp first hand and the last 24 hours i love the thing....

but heres whats happening with it:(what ill tell bestbuy tommorow)

it froze and restarted on the first startup.

the trackpad gets stuck

Battery life sucks!, i did word processing on it this morning on a "full" charge on the dulles screen brightness and it lasted maybe 2 hours..

the two finger for double click feature works sometimes, other time not until a few clicks

and it has the dead pixle...

i dont want to mention the dent because immediately they are going to blame me and that might knock me over...

i just hope i dont have to fight with bestbuy over it. plusm to add to it all, i NEED it this weekend to show films at 2 colleges and to do some photoshop work for my aunts interior design company 2 states away!!

AHHHH