Mbp What To Do!?!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Acehigh, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Acehigh macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2006
    #1
    I just got a replacement MBP 2.0. They gave me a Sealed one with a brand new receipt. The new receipt said I can return till April 2nd.


    Do you think i can just return the Laptop for cash? and wait till something new comes out since i really dont need a portable computer right now. Or should I exchange it for the 1.83 and save $500. or just keep it.

    I was also thinking of buying a refurb 1.67 15" instead
     
  2. ckeck macrumors 6502a

    ckeck

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2005
    Location:
    Texas
    #2
    Just keep the 2.0GHz MBP...if you send it back and get something else, especially a PB, I'm sure you will regret it...MBP is the way to go
     
  3. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2005
    #4
    i'd return it..

    like you said, you don't really need a portable computer

    wait for the intel powermac :)
     
  4. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

    chosenwolf

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #5
    Keep your MBP! Why did you return it and get a replacement?

    WHy would you also want a PowerPC Mac when they are trying to get rid of them and further support. Intel is the way to go!
     
  5. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

    elisha cuthbert

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    Location:
    Melbourne
    #6
    Keep it and if all else fails and you see something else you want sell the MBP
     
  6. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

    mmmcheese

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2006
  7. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Location:
    London
  8. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

    elisha cuthbert

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    Location:
    Melbourne
  9. Acehigh thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2006
    #10

    Memory slot failed... said it could be the logic board also... They said 4 came back today!!! so i was thinking probably better to wait a few monthes before getting a new one. Not sure if i can even return the replacement.

    Well the software I have now supports the PowerPC, and probably wont be buying new software anytime soon. Of course it is nice to have the newest thing.
     
  10. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2006
    Location:
    Wishing for a magic bus.
  11. lieb39 macrumors 6502

    lieb39

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2005
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #12
    Quite honestly, aside from all the 'send it to me' posts..

    As you were having issues with it before, you don't quite have the grand good first impression. Looks like that's the side effect of getting a brand new product. In your case, I'd say to return it for the a full refund because (a) you said you don't need it for the time being (b) your getting more then what you paid, if I understood your post correctly.

    Then, maybe at the end of the year, get the second revision or whenever another revision comes out so they can bang out the final / critical bugs.

    But I wouldn't go back to a Powerbook. I'm on one, and very happy with it even though I got it a few months ago (last revision) but that's just because I'm stuck with this, making the best of a bad situation.

    Your choice, these are only suggestions...

    Cheers,

    lieb39
     
  12. mjstew33 macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #13
    If I were you, return it. Get your money back. Buy the second revision.
     

Share This Page