I've been drooling over you for months, all sleek and silver, with your fruit-embellished exterior, smooth, power-packed and at the tip of my fingers......when....the buying guide says "DO NOT BUY - UPDATES SOON" So I waited for 1 o clock on baited breath and a bowl of cheez doodles, the counter ticking 60, 30, 20, 10, 1....mac pro..."only one more product" 60, 30,20, 10, 1 xserve. WHY!? WHY MACBOOK PRO!? YOU TEASE! HARLOT! Dramatic interpretations aside, I'm buying a MBP. I just wanted to ask those "in the know" if when I buy this MBP, when Merom comes out three minutes after I open the box, am I going to lapse into another overdramaticized rant. I need a computer that will carry me through the last year of my graphic design degree, into the design world with enough momentum that when it becomes obsolete, I will be firmly enough planted in my profession to buy another without amputation of limbs and gnashing of teeth. THE ROOT OF MY QUESTION: Is Merom worth the wait? If I need this computer to last, are the technologies that can be built upon the new chip far enough beyond the current one that it would behoove me to wait? I am going to be using adobe and macromedia software on the system basically. :takes a breath: .j.j.n.