MBP WHY!? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!? [is merom worth it]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jniedt, Aug 7, 2006.

1. jniedt macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2006
    I've been drooling over you for months, all sleek and silver, with your fruit-embellished exterior, smooth, power-packed and at the tip of my fingers......when....the buying guide says "DO NOT BUY - UPDATES SOON" So I waited for 1 o clock on baited breath and a bowl of cheez doodles, the counter ticking 60, 30, 20, 10, 1....mac pro..."only one more product" 60, 30,20, 10, 1 xserve. WHY!? WHY MACBOOK PRO!? YOU TEASE! HARLOT!

Dramatic interpretations aside, I'm buying a MBP. I just wanted to ask those "in the know" if when I buy this MBP, when Merom comes out three minutes after I open the box, am I going to lapse into another overdramaticized rant.

I need a computer that will carry me through the last year of my graphic design degree, into the design world with enough momentum that when it becomes obsolete, I will be firmly enough planted in my profession to buy another without amputation of limbs and gnashing of teeth.

THE ROOT OF MY QUESTION: Is Merom worth the wait? If I need this computer to last, are the technologies that can be built upon the new chip far enough beyond the current one that it would behoove me to wait? I am going to be using adobe and macromedia software on the system basically.

:takes a breath:

2. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2003
    There is a great MBP for sale in the marketplace. I believe Marisssssa is selling it and maybe you could pick one up for cheaper than a new one. That way when the new one does come out in a month or 6....you can roll it over for a small loss. Check it out. She's a good person to deal with too. Good luck.
  3. thestaton macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    I to was shocked & amazed that we didn't get the core 2 duo's. However, I surfed eBay and just picked up a 2.0 15" with the 128mb graphics card for $1495 shipped new in box never opened so I'm pretty stoked.

I have an intel iMac right now and it seriously does everything I could ever want for awhile. I think if you want one you'll be happy with the current core duo's they rock.