MBP Windows Keyboard Light App (w/ light sensor support)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RickAdair, Aug 18, 2006.

1. RickAdair macrumors member

Hello all,

I threw this together over the last day or so. It is a tray app that will allow you to manually control the keyboard backlight on a MBP. It will also allow you to turn on the light sensor and have it auto adjust the backlight. It is written in c# 2.0. It is still a work in progress. All of the source is include. The compiled exe is also in the archive.

Enjoy,
    Rick

Keyboarddimmer_src.Zip by Bigupload.Com

2. JDM DC2R macrumors newbie

3. jfig24 macrumors newbie

4. JDM DC2R macrumors newbie

yes, please explain...

the executable file does put a tray icon in my tray, but whenever I try to adjust I get an error. It doesn't work for some reason and I think its because there is no actual installation of the program.

5. RickAdair thread starter macrumors member

You just have to run the exe in the release folder. I actually have a new version that has some updates. You need to make sure that you have .NET 2.0 framework installed.

Attached Files:

6. RickAdair thread starter macrumors member

Here is an installer for people how aren't interested in the source.

Attached Files:

7. omega2red macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks rick for bringing this great feature of the MBP on windows!:D

ive attached some icons to replace the ugly tray icon :p haha

can you also program this app in visual basic .net ? that would be very nice, so it would me mutch easyer to edit your program.

good luck

Attached Files:

8. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

Rick, is it OK to submit this for a listing on Mac.MajorGeeks.com ? The site is legit and they list software for Macs - including Macs running Windows in some cases, and perhaps in this one. :) I'd like to submit it to their site for listing but wanted your permission first. Have you got a URL (webpage) someplace?

Seeming as how you posted the source code, I assume this is OK and that the app is freeware? :) Just wanted to check.

9. RickAdair thread starter macrumors member

I do not have a website. It is cool if you post it....just as long I you give me the credit. I definately intend it to be freeware.

10. RickAdair thread starter macrumors member

I will see if I can convert it to VB.NET. The C# code should be pretty straight forward. If you mess with it for a bit everything should start to make sense. Thanks for the icons.

11. n8236 macrumors 65816

Dude, rock on! Thx for doing this for the mac community! Keep up the good work.

12. RickAdair thread starter macrumors member

13. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

Cool, I submitted it to the Mac.Majorgeeks.Com site but it is not yet posted.

EDIT: Correction, it is now posted. :) Direct link is here.