MBP's remote

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sunrobby, May 7, 2006.

1. sunrobby macrumors regular

Is the MBP's remote can be used for front row only? Before i bought my MBP, i thought it can be used for a presentation, change the slide using the remote, it'd be cool. Can anybody suggest a remote that can be used for such presentation? I saw one of my lecturer use it long time ago.. Dont know what brand is it.

2. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I think you can use a bluetooth phone and a program called Salling Clicker. It's a neat little trick and its programable.

3. sen_almighty macrumors member

you can use the remote for a Keynote presentation as well

From the Front Row section of the MBP on teh apple site,

The Apple Remote features a minimalist six buttons. Press menu to activate Front Row and the standard transport to navigate through your media. You can even use the remote to control Keynote presentations in the all new iWork ’06.

4. Eldentistfuturo macrumors regular

Didn't realize that. So cool.

5. sunrobby thread starter macrumors regular

Can i? When i tried to slide show in the keynote, and pressing the remote's button, it goes into the frontrow (when pressing the menu button) and when pressing the other buttons, nothing happen. How to use the MBP's remote in keynote, do i need to set someting? It'd be so cool if i can use it in the presentation :)

6. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I don't think it works with razr phones. :(

7. sunrobby thread starter macrumors regular

i found the manual to use the remote in keynote, found it in MBP 17" manual, but it's not there in MBP 15" manual.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It works, you just need to use the "Sony Ericsson 600i Cingular" phone when it asks you - actually, any phone model listed that gives the option of putting the java app on your desktop rather than downloading it from some address will work.

I use Salling Clicker on my L6 and it works just fine - the UI is a little "off" because of the different sizes of the phone's screens but it all works - highly recommended.

9. macbook123 macrumors 68000

And where did you find the 17" manual?

EDIT: Found it on the Apple site.

10. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but when I launch the app I'm stuck on this connect screen and i can't do much because it crashes. Do I need to set up something first with the macbook?

11. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

You can. I did two weeks ago. All I had to do was press play from the remote when I was in Keynote and it works every time. The remote can be used for changing songs in iTunes even when you're not in iTunes and for changing the volume.

12. sunrobby thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i've tried it and it works :) it's so cool ! they not putting this on the manual, but there is in 17" manual..